Ilva is a brand of the IVM Group®, one of the largest and influential wood coatings manufacturers in Europe and in the world.
Ilva products were born in 1946 in Italy, a country that has always been a point of reference in the furniture industry. These products were developed and perfected thought constant interaction with the local industry experts and designers who are appreciated all over the world.
Ilva product range includes:
Coatings for wood and for materials used as an alternative to solid wood, such as plywood, MDF or Finger Joint:
- Polyurethane alkyd coatings
- Polyurethane alkyd coatings, aromatic solvent-free, HECOPUR Line
- Polyurethane alkyd nanotechnology coatings, DIAMANTE N-Line
- Polyurethane alkyd maximum surface hardness coatings, DIAMANTE Line
- Polyurethane alkyd coatings, TECHNOFINISH Line
- Acrylic Polyurethane coatings, TECHNOFINISH FAST Line
- Acrylic Polyurethane coatings aromatic solvent-free, HECOPUR FAST Line
- Water-based coatings for interiors, AQUATECH Line
- Water-based sanitizing effect coatings, SILVER POWER Line
- Water-based nanotechnology coatings for interiors, AQUATECH N-Line
- Water-based coatings for exterior, KLIMA AQUATECH Line
- Water-based coating wax effect for exterior, KLIMA Wax Line
- Water-based coatings for structural elements, KLIMA TIMBER Line
- Solvent-based coatings for exterior, KLIMA Line
- Water-based coatings for interiors UV drying, AQUATECH UV Line
- Solvent-based coatings for interiors
- Solvent-based coatings for interors UV drying
- Solvent-based nanotechnology coating for interiors UV drying, UV N-Line
- Water-based and Solvent-based stains
- Nitrocellulose coatings
- Polyester coatings
- Polyester coatings styrene-free, POLIALLILICO Line
- Acid curing coatings
- Fire retardant coatings, FLAMER Line
Primers and finishes, stained or lacquered can be made in any color you want, perfectly reproducible over time.
Products for the coating of materials used in combination with wood:
- Products for glass
- Products for marble
- Products for polymeric material
- Products for ennobled paper and lacquered paper
- Additives and auxiliary products
- Stains for antiquing effect
- Pigmented pastes
- Maintenance and Restoration products
Ilva wood coatings are designed to:
- Reduce the environmental impact and air pollution, with products like waterborne, low or zero VOC or formaldehyde-free
- Ensure the maximum protection of wood surfaces, such as resistance to scratching, abrasion and chemicals
- Satisfy all aesthetic requirements, such as surface smoothness, gloss, transparency, and wood grain enhancement
- Perform specific finishing details, such as the antique effect, waxed, pickled or natural, or special effects (e.g. metallic or marbled)
- Achieve exclusive results such as bacteria reduction
- Enhance and maintain colors due to light stability and resistance to yellowing
- Contribute to the productivity of customers, due to ease of application, fast drying, excellent verticality or adhesion
- Protect external wood from atmospheric elements, bacteria, mold, fungi, or parasites
- Achieve certification and\or compliance with industry quality standards
Solutions and services
Technical Assistance is readily available to work closely with producers, designers and architects to identify specific solutions for any aesthetic and technical requirements.
A widespread network of Engineers constantly trained on the evolution of products and technologies, work closely with manufacturers, designers and architects to identify specific solutions to meet the aesthetic and technical needs.
They can suggest how to optimize the coating processes to achieve greater production efficiency at low environmental impact, with the utmost attention to the workers’ safety and health.
The products are designed and developed by more than 200 researchers in constant on-line contact, working with technologically advanced tools in IVM Group’s European Research and Development Laboratories for the future of wood coatings
The Application Laboratory, equipped with the most innovative and complete coating systems, checks and optimizes the performance of the formulated products.